Travel Information

  • Regulations to Enter Canada
    If you plan to visit Canada, you must:
    have a valid travel document, such as a passport
    be in good health
    satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
    satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and
    have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
  • You may also need:
    a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship
    a medical examination and
    a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
    For more information click here.
  • You’d do well to take out an insurance policy before travelling to Canada to cover against illness and injury, because the health service costs nonresidents anything from $50 to $2000 a day for hospitalization.At first you have to clarify with the insurance provider in your home country if you need an added insurance or if you are already covered.
  • Banks & Credit Cards
  • Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Traveller Checks are accepted in the most stores, hotels and restaurants in British Columbia.The Banks are generally open from 10 am to 4 pm on Monday to Friday. Automatic teller machines (ATMs) are found at banks and in some bars and restaurants. You can find more Information and a list of all banks in British
  • Taxes & GST
  • The Government of Canada has eliminated the GST/HST Visitor Rebate Program and announced the introduction of the Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program.The new rebate applies only to purchases of:
    • tour packages that include eligible short-term accommodation and a service in Canada where the first night of accommodation in Canada is after March 2007; and
    • eligible accommodation in Canada resold as part of a tour package and that is purchased after March 2007.